Tuesday, December 9, 2008

SNOW

I'm a huge fan of snow. I love the way it looks, feels, and everything about it. When you're a kid, is there anything better than going to bed with the possibility of a snow day when you wake up? My mom always told me that if I did all my homework, then the schools would probably close the next day and I could enjoy the snow day, but if I didn't do my homework in anticipation of a snow day, the schools would be open. Somehow this always seemed to be the case.

Personally, it bothers me when the local news stations predict snow with a negative tone as if it's a bad thing. I think if the media portrayed snow as a positive development, the community would react similarly.

Even though we're all grown up now and have to work and drive regardless of weather conditions, we should get excited about snow like we did when we were kids. Enjoy the weather today.

I'm hoping for a lot of snow this winter (and that you'll need a Homer's Mexican Mocha to keep you warm).

-Glenn

1 comment:

dave said...

yeah! and along those same lines, why does FLAKE have so many bad connotations?? maybe it's the association with SNOW! if only someone would step up and say "i'm proud to be a snowflake!"