Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ezekiel 3:12 Project

Last night the newest version of the Jimmy Nickelsen band, The Ezekiel 3:12 Project, played to a packed house at Homer's. It was a great night of music.

Jimmy's band was one of the first to play at Homer's after I started working here in June. Immediately I was impressed by the band's talent and knew they would be a favorite of mine. When I scheduled a few more shows, John Altevogt, the bands bass player, informed me that the band would be adding a member and changing it's name to The Ezekiel 3:12 Project. I can safely say that the band just got better. Jason (I don't know the last name) joined as a second guitarest and singer for their show last night and it sounded like they'd been together for years already. An acoustic version of Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground" was a highlight for me.

You should definately check out this band when they come back in January.

1 comment:

brewster said...

i agree. jimmy is vocally and instrumentally one of the best i have ever worked with. thank you jimmy andband for allowing me to sit in on harmonica at these venues.you guys rocked! Bruce Young