Thursday, June 9, 2011

Before It Was Homer's

sometimes a customer will ask me "what was here before homer's?" i could reference a local website with a huge collection of pics for long gone businesses in the greater kansas city area. there's also a great book series that show parts of town from 50 or 100 years ago! anyway, you're probably wondering 'what WAS at 7126 W 80th St. before homer's?' was it a gas station? a bookstore? a women's fashion shop? if you're the first customer with the right answer you get a free drink today! everybody else gets double drink card purchases for guessing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bah humbug. I researched for 2 hours online. Finally, I called the Chamber of Commerce for Overland Park, and they sent me to someone else in Overland Park and they said it was several restaurants and went through several owners. The last was Matthews? Then they gave me Homer's phone number (and I'm thinking that I have it, but just thanked them kindly) and here I am with nothing...