Wednesday, January 12, 2011

El Paso

marty robbins (above) wrote a song over 50 years ago called el paso. it was a hit. AM radio stations were still playing it in the 1970s when my family would drive across the desert once a year to visit relatives in missouri and oklahoma. we heard this song so many times we could sing it by heart, and we often did... usually about the time we hit albuquerque. my dad lives in el paso now, and i'm flying out to see him tomorrow (just in case anybody is wondering where i am). i'll bring some sand back from the desert on monday, and you can tell me what happened at homer's while i was gone.

2 comments:

Jerry Dudley Jr said...

Growing up Marty Robbins was one of my favorites. My parents had his "Gunfighter Ballads" album that was released January 1, 1959 and I played it over and over as a kid.

dave said...

yeah, i found that album at vinyl renaissance in shawnee but it looked pretty scratched up so i didn't buy it.