Sunday, December 19, 2010

O (Little) Christmas Tree


when the weather gets cold, and radio stations start playing christmas music early, jenny and i hold out longer than others to put up our tree. some years the commercial holiday experience feels like a black hole pulling us in whether we feel like it or not. when we can't take it anymore we pull the silver tree out of it's box. this is the extent of our christmas decorations... well, this and a gumby stocking under our string of christmas cards.



it's not an un-merry christmas, it's just an experience in moderation. come by homer's sometime and share your holiday stories, 'cause the world don't move to the beat of just one drum... pa-rump-a-pum-pum.

5 comments:

Ross Polete said...

Look, David let's face it. We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It's run by a big eastern syndicate, you know.

David, you're the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest.

And nothing says Christmas like a Gumby stocking: Dammit!

Merry Christmas David and to all.

dave said...

ross you did it again... you made coffee come out of my nose, and i needed that.

Ross Polete said...

Well that is a espresso machine I do not want to drink from.... No Nose Foam for me... Thanks!

Glad I made you laugh. Change your time zone on your blog so I doesn't look like I am up late. Makes me look like I am out partying all night, when I just sleep fast and was up at 3:30 am.

dave said...

i don't know how to change my time zone... but then again i've been watching alot of doctor who episodes so that's REALLY messing me up.

Ross Polete said...

To change time zone go to your Dashboard/Settings/Formatting and you will find it half way down, change it and then hit save at the bottom of your page. You need to add a facebook badge too and a link section to your website too. Needs to be all connected. IF Homers needs a business coach I know of one that can help. There are many things we could do to help drive business. If the powers at be are interested let me know. I have some great programs that could help.